I'm new!

00:49

Good morning, Internet!  (It's nearly 1 in the morning...)


For such a big thing of opening my first ever blog, I have very little to say for my first ever post...

May I warn you all in advance that I have never been and never will be a fancy writer, and I think that is already quite apparent with my use of the word 'fancy' instead of some other 'fancy' word. My writing is very much to the point which I will put down to my mathematical brain!

I started this blog with the intention of writing posts that could help others, like myself, overcome popular problems and mistakes in the process of learning a musical instrument. I am lucky enough to have a musical father who, while learning my instruments, would encourage and teach me the proper steps of practise. However, I know for many that they do not have a parent who would refuse to leave the room until they could play a G major scale 5 times without any mistakes (wow I remember it well).

I have since realised, however, that this blog can be extended to cover as many different topics as I would like! As an aspiring chemist, and having now completed GCSEs and A Levels (English end of school exams), I may find myself posting the occasional academic or revision tip post. I am also hoping (once my results are released aghhh) to make the move to studying at university - another topic that will hopefully be added to the blog!

Also, without going into too much detail, about 5 years ago I underwent major spinal surgery to correct my scoliosis - the curvature of the spine. I know that from the discovery of my scoliosis and the lead up to the operation, I found myself scouring the internet for any information to comfort and suppress the many worries I had of the whole process. Hence, I hope to reserve a section of this blog for any posts scoliosis related. I really want to help any of you fellow scoliosis-ers with any problems and worries, so please message me and I'll try to answer the best I can.

And to finish off my first ever blog post, I will explain the name to this blog. A melody becomes a full song once a harmony is added. The harmony can be simple, but will be immensely effective. And if applying this idea as if it was some deep, meaningful life quote which I can never really take very seriously, I hope this blog can be the harmony to your melody (...). Wow, I am grimacing at what I have just written. I don't think that even makes any sense.

Anyway, I think that's all I can really write in this first post. I'm actually surprised that I've been able to write as much as I have.

I'm looking forward to seeing this blog evolve into something that looks more like an actual blog!!

Sophie x

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. Hello Sophia , thank you for starting this blog , i actually leart something from your text that will help me write a new one for my blog. You have a great talent on writing and i think as a musician will have more success than me. Yes, i play the keyboard and ok i have a degree from my school but i dont think i am more talented , than my cousin or you ... I mean , he started playing the piano with no help and now he is making his own songs with his band in the age of 15. OMG! I hope i will be able to hear you play or sing too in the future and i am looking for for another text of yours soon

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you ever so much for your kind words!! Music is a wonderful thing, however I hope to become a chemist in the future so different career path! Your cousin sounds very talented! I may find that I will post a few videos of my playing in the future so keep your eyes peeled. I will be sure to check out your blog too!
      Sophie x

      Delete

Popular Posts